General Superintendent - Home
The vision of the Wesleyan Church is "Transforming lives, churches, and communities with the hope and holiness of Jesus Christ." The General Superintendent of The Wesleyan Church is elected but the church to lead us to realizing this vision, which is achieved by effectively pursuing our missional priorities:
- Authentic Christian Leaders
- Spirit-Filled Believers
- Ethnic Diversity
- Urban Urgency
- Church Fitness
- Church Planting
- Focused Prayer
Roles of the General Superintendent
As servant leaders, the role of General Superintendent is to equip and empower local churches and districts to transform lives, churches, and communities with the hope and holiness of Jesus Christ.
To accomplish this, The General Superintendent:
- Provides spiritual and administrative leadership for The Wesleyan Church in all of its missions and ministries.
- Gives counsel to the worldwide work of The Wesleyan Church by serving on the International Board of The Wesleyan Church and by giving oversight to mission fields and national conferences in coordination with Global Partners, department of World Missions.
- Provides consultation to general Church offices, departments, and District Superintendents in their service to local churches.
- Gives counsel to district units which appoint pastors and ministers, and plan programs and ministries serving the local churches.
- Joins the districts in ordaining ministers who will serve as pastors, staff members, and evangelists of local churches.
- Provides, upon request, personal ministry to local churches and districts through consultation services, or by offering training clinics, retreats, and workshops.
- Speaks for revival services, Bible conferences, church dedications, ministerial gatherings, and other services, seeking to encourage and equip the local church for ministry.
The Pastoral Letter from the Board of General Superintendents
to The Wesleyan Church Twelfth General Conference