“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands” (Psa. 19:1). Wesleyans believe that creation care is an important social issue of our day. Concern for the environment, according to The Wesleyan Church is not driven by any political agenda, but rather by what the Bible teaches about God and His creation.
Wesleyans are called to influence their culture to honor the Creator by a concern for His creation. Your attitude and actions will influence generations to come:
- Take intentional measures to reduce the harm we personally do to the environment.
- Adopt policies and practices that minimize environmental damage and reflect good environmental stewardship.
- Include environmental stewardship as a topic for teaching and discussion in our churches, so that Wesleyans might be equipped to take action appropriate to their setting and context.
- Advocate for reasonable public and governmental policies which will protect and preserve the environment.
- Lovingly communicate that all of these efforts are motivated by our love for our Creator and our desire to steward what He has entrusted to our care.
To view a free, downloadable video about Moral Awareness Sunday, click here.