Click on the chart above or answer the questions below to determine if you are eligible for the Wesleyan Ministerial Loan Grant.
1. Are you seeking funding for your ministerial studies at an eligible institution?
- Houghton College
- Indiana Wesleyan University
- Kingswood University
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Southern Wesleyan University
- Wesley Seminary at Indiana Wesleyan University
- Asbury Theological Seminary
- Azusa Pacific University Haggard School of Theology
- Evangelical Seminary
- George Fox Theological Seminary
- Nazarene Theological Seminary
- Tyndale Seminary
- Wesley Biblical Seminary
If you are NOT seeking funding for your undergraduate studies at one of the Wesleyan colleges or universities, you are NOT eligible. Stop here.
If you are NOT seeking funding for your graduate studies at one of these seminaries, you are may still be eligible. Go to #2.
If you are seeking funding for your studies at one of these institutions. please continue to #3.
2. Possible eligibility at a non-approved seminary.
A student enrolled at seminaries other than those approved for Wesleyan ministerial students through Education and Clergy Development may receive loan/grants or grants subject to the same conditions as other students provided the following requirements are also met:
- The student is enrolled with Education and Clergy Development (unless ordained).
- The students submits to Education and Clergy Development reasons for attending the non-approved seminary.
- The institution is accredited by the proper accrediting association.
- The student's district board of ministerial development approves his/her attendance at the non-approved seminary.
- The student's attendance at the non-approved seminary is approved by the Executive Director of Education and Clergy Development and the General Superintendent.
If you wish to pursue this option, please meet the following requirements and then proceed to #3.
3. Do you have the required district Credentials?
You must hold one of the following credentials from your district in The Wesleyan Church in the North American General Conference:
- Are you a Ministerial Student? If yes, continue to #4
- Are you a Licensed Minister? If yes, continue to #4
- Are you an Ordained Minister? If yes, continue to #5
- I do not know. Contact your district to determine your credentialing.
- None of these - You are not eligible. Stop here.
4. Have you enrolled with the Division of Education and Clergy Development?
- Yes, I have enrolled. Continue to #5
- I do not know. Call 317-774-3911 to determine if you have enrolled.
- No. Please enroll at www.wesleyan.org/em/enroll. Then continue to #4.
5. Are you seeking funding for an undergraduate or graduate degree?
- I am seeking funding for a undergraduate degree. Continue to #6
- I am seeking funding for a graduate degree. Continue to #7
- I am not seeking funding for either of these degrees. You are not eligible. Stop here.
6. Do you meet ALL of the following undergraduate academic requirements
- Do you have a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (check with your institution's registrar office)?
- Are you in a Wesleyan ordination track degree program at your Wesleyan institution (call 317-774-3914 to determine this)?
- Have you accumulated 60 credit hours (check with your institution's registrar office)?
If you can answer "Yes" to all three of these requirements, continue to #8.
If you answered "No" to any of these questions, you are not eligible. Stop here.
7. Do you meet ALL of the following graduate academic requirements
- Do you have a minimum GPA of 2.0?
- Are you in an ministry degree program at your Wesleyan institution?
If you can answer "Yes" to both of these requirements, continue to #8.
If you answered "No" to any of these questions, you are not eligible.
8. Determine desire and intention.
Is it your desire and intention to serve under appointment by one of the districts of the United States or Canada of The Wesleyan Church in a capacity where cancellation of the loan/grant can occur (typically appointments to a non-Wesleyan church, a non-Wesleyan organization, or a non-Wesleyan institution do not qualify for cancellation)?
If you can answer "Yes" to this question, you are eligible to apply.
If you cannot answer "Yes" to this question, you are NOT eligible.