I've applied for the Wesleyan Ministerial Loan Grant. Now what?

Thank you for applying online for the Wesleyan Ministerial Loan-Grant program. You might be wondering what's next.

Once you've applied

Once your application is received, ECD will confirm your eligibility. If you meet all the requirements, your application will be approved.

If your application is approved, you will receive an email notifying you that your application has been approved.

If your application is denied, you will receive an email notifying that your application has been denied. It will state why it was denied.

After you're accepted

  1. Register for an account
    1. Ordained ministers should register for an online account at the ECD Portal (www.wesleyan.org/emcam). Here you will be able to keep track of your loan grant transaction history. Be sure to request access to the loan-grant module at the appropriate stage in the registration process.
    2. Ministerial students and licensed ministers, who should already have an account, should simply request access to the Loan-Grant module under your account settings. Contact ECD at 317-774-3911 if you have difficulty setting this up.
  2. Complete the "Institutional Authorization" form under the forms tab on the portal. Submit this to your educational institution. Do NOT send this to ECD.

How loans are disbursed

  1. ECD will automatically certify your enrollment at your institution for each semester. For each semester that you remain eligible for aid, ECD will disburse a loan.
  2. Find your program to see how your loan check is disbursed
    1. Checks for all traditional undergraduate programs (HC, IWU, KU, OKWU, SWU) are sent to the Loan-Grant representative at each school. This representative will then contact you with instructions.
    2. Checks for Indiana Wesleyan University non-traditional programs (Wesley seminary and the BSBO degree) as well as our approved seminaries are sent directly to the student.
  3. A Master Promissory Note is sent with a student's first loan check. It is the students responsibility to return the completed and signed promissory note. Failure to do so will result in lack of future eligibility.


It is your ongoing responsibility to keep ECD updated with your most current contact information (name changes as well as email, phone, and address changes).

What happens when you're done with your studies?

Once you graduate, terminate studies, or lose eligibility, your account will be adjusted to reflect your new status. For more information regarding what occurs after this, please see our Repayment and Cancellation Information Page.