How can you take action in this kind of ministry?
For Churches who want to take action and launch an immigration legal ministry site, we have listed five immediate recommended resources to explore below.
WATCH THE Legal Ministry VIDEO
- Capacity Building Attorney, Courtney Tudi at World Relief explains in 30 minutes what is involved in launching an Immigration Legal Ministry.
- Click here to watch video.
READ CHURCH LEADERS GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION
- World Relief and The Immigration Alliance teamed up to publish an 85 page FAQ manual for church leaders on immigration. There are three primary sections to this guide:
- Biblical & Missiological Foundations for Immigrant Ministry
- Immigration Legal Issues
- Developing an Immigration Legal Ministry
- This book is available for free download or print on demand.
READ IMMIGRATION LEGAL SITE IMPLEMENTATION KIT
- This “immigration Legal Site Implementation Kit” provides a high-level programmatic overview of how to start an immigration legal services site in your local church. The primary audience for this 21-page resource kit is church or not-for-profit leaders.
- Download free kit
TAKE BASIC IMMIGRATION LAW TRAINING
- Various organizations provide in-person 40 hour training courses at different locations throughout the year.
- Click here to view upcoming training events.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information concerning Basic Immigration Law Training.
COMPLETE 40 HOURS OF JOB SHADOWING
- It is required that after the classroom training, each person seeking accreditation must have at least 40 hours of on the job experience working alongside an immigration legal professional.
- Contact Zach Szmara for additional information concerning job shadowing
Looking for a legal service site in your area? Click here to find a site close to you.