Affirming your Calling
Credential Pathways in The Wesleyan Church affirm your Calling. God calls. God empowers. The church affirms that calling. We are excited to join you on this journey of faithfulness to God’s calling on your life!
The Wesleyan Church has four Credential Pathways:
Ready to start? Register below for Credential Pathway for Lay Ministers
Every disciple is called to participate with God in the fulfilling of the Great Commission. For this reason, all candidates start with the Lay Ministry Credential Pathway. If you seek to be affirmed (Lay Minister Credential Pathway) and developed (Lay Minister Education Pathway) in your calling to your home, your workplace, your community, your family and through causes of biblical justice, stop at Lay Ministry. The Lay Minister credential is granted by your local church.
- Step 1. Register for the Credential Journey for Lay Ministers below and
- Step 2. Select an Education Pathway: see Lay Ministry Local Church Formation Pathways. This can be started during the Credential Pathway.
- Add on Rites & Rituals certificate to administer sacraments in your local church.
- Stop here for a lifetime of fruitful and effective lay ministry
Progress here after completing the Lay Minister Credential Pathway
The Licensed Minister credential builds upon the maturing discipleship of Lay Ministry If you seek to be affirmed and developed in your calling to serve as a staff pastor, ministry leader, or assistant pastor in your church, stop at Licensed Minister. This credential is granted by your district.
- Step 1: Complete Lay Minister Credential Pathway
- Step 2: Register for Licensed Minister Credential Pathway below and
- Step 3: Select an Education Pathways for Licensed Ministers. This can be started during the Credential Pathway.
- Add on Rites & Rituals Certificate to administer sacraments and perform marriages in your local church.
- Stop here for a lifetime of fruitful and effective ministry as a staff pastor, ministry leader or assistant pastor.
- Continue to Credential Pathway for Ordained Ministry if a lead, senior, solo, or associate pastor
Progress here after completing the Licensed Minister Credential Pathway
The Ordained Minister credential builds upon the academic foundations and local church formation of Licensed Ministry. Ordained Ministers are clergy members of The Wesleyan Church whose district conferences have licensed to serve in ordained ministries, such as pastors, senior pastors, co-pastors, assistant pastors, or the equivalent, thus providing for the employment and development of their gifts and usefulness. This credential is granted by your district to ministry in The Wesleyan Church.
- Step 1: Complete Licensed Minister Credential Pathway
- Step 2: Register for Ordained Minister Credential Pathway below and
- Step 3: Select an Education Pathways for Ordained Ministers. This can be started during the Credential Pathway.
- Stop here for a lifetime of fruitful and effective ministry as a senior pastor, lead pastor, or associate pastor.
For those previously ordained in another church or denomination seeking to transfer into The Wesleyan Church. Register below to start the transfer process.
Simple Steps of the Credentialing Pathway
The credentialing Pathway discerns, affirms, and develops your call to ministry. Each candidate starts with Lay Ministry Credential Pathway with the following steps:
- Update Ministry Profile form, final interview, approval & recognition in a public service.
Registrations for the beta-test of the new credentialing pathways is currently closed. Please contact your district regarding enrolling for the legacy credentialing system.
Select an Education Pathway
Start the Education Pathway while simultaneously progressing through the Credential Pathway.