Ministerial students will find that they have several options to complete requirements for credentials includingattending one of our Wesleyan Colleges/Universities, approved seminaries, FLAME, district extension or correspondence courses. Hundreds of people are being called to serve the Kingdom as ministers of the Gospel. Many of them are second-career, non-traditional students who are looking for accessible ways to complete their educational requirements. This page explores several pathways available to complete your academic training for credentialing in The Wesleyan Church.
Standard Degree Programs
Wesleyan University Degree Programs
- Houghton College AAS Christian Ministries
- Houghton College BA Theology, BS Theology Pastoral Ministry
- Indiana Wesleyan University ASMO plus BSBO
- Indiana Wesleyan University (ASML) plus Bachelor of Science in Christian Ministry Leadership (BSML)
- Indiana Wesleyan University BA Christian Ministries (CMI), BS Christian Ministries (CMI)
- Indiana Wesleyan University BA youth Ministry (YTH), BS Youth Ministry (YTH)
- Indiana Wesleyan University BS Children’s Ministry Children’s Ministry Pastor
- Indiana Wesleyan University BS Worship Ministry Worship Pastor
- Kingswood University BA Pastoral Ministry Biblical and Theological Studies, Worship Arts, Youth Ministry
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University BA Pastoral Ministry Biblical and Theological Studies, Worship Arts, Youth Ministry
- Southern Wesleyan University BA in Religion Worship Ministry, Christian Ministry, Youth & Children’s Ministry
- Southern Wesleyan University FLEX Ministry Program (Worship Ministry, Christian Ministry and Youth & Children’s Ministry)
Approved Seminary Degree Programs
Alternative Education & Training
Kingswood Extended offers two ordination credit course options for those looking to prepare for effective ministry in the local church: Self-Paced (formerly Correspondence Courses and Virtual Classroom (formerly FLAME) Courses.
An option that allows an individual to demonstrate mastery of a particular area of academic training standards by documenting extensive experience and/or study such as a combination of related courses, seminars, research and reading.
District Extension Classes
Courses offered for fulfillment of the academic requirements for ordination in The Wesleyan Church. Offered at the discretion of Wesleyan Church District offices.