Becoming a Coach
Equipping Leaders with Skills and Tools for Effective Ministry
An Interactive Two-Day Training Event from The Wesleyan Coaching Network, Coaching 2.0: Equipping Leaders with Skills and Tools for Effective Ministry. Our two-day coach training workshop is designed to take you on a deeper level in the skills of coaching. You will learn advanced coaching techniques, have multiple opportunities to coach and be coached, and will get the foundation for a coaching relationship. Our two-day training is required and is the first step to be a part of the Commissioned Ministry Coach Process.
Virtual Apprentice Coach Training!
Zoom Coach Training – a 5-week, 2-hour per week workshop using the Zoom platform from your own home/office for only $99. No travel/housing/meal expenses necessary!
New Dates for 2021: 7:00 – 9:00 pm EST september 28 – October 26.
If you are interested in coach training, contact Jerolyn Bogear, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You’ll Learn
We’ll introduce you to basic coaching principles and practices. Modules include:
- The Power of Coaching
- How Does Coaching Work?
- Coaching in Action
- Facilitating the Coaching Conversation
- The GROW Model
- Leading Through Coaching
- Coaching Teams
- Developing the Ministry of Coaching
Who Should Attend
- Pastors and leaders who want to discover practical skills and tools to empower those they lead for effective ministry.
- Anyone who would like to become a Commissioned Ministry Coach in the Wesleyan Coaching Network. This training is the entry point for the mentoring process that leads to commissioning.
Wesleyan Coaching Network Levels
Some of the processes that will occur in the 2-Day training:
- Learn the coaching process
- Explore effective techniques for asking powerful questions
- Learn coaching skills through observation and participation
- Become an Apprentice Coach
Commissioned Ministry Coach
Commissioned Ministry Coaches have completed our Coaching 2.0: Equipping Leaders with Skills and Tools for Effective Ministry and the 6-Month Coach Mentor Process to place them on a list of recommended coaches available to coach Wesleyan leaders and churches. Our CMCs are listed on our website. Our Commissioned Ministry Coach Process builds on the coaching skills received at our Coaching 2.0: Equipping Leaders with Skills and Tools for Effective Ministry. As a Commissioned Ministry Coach in the Wesleyan Coaching Network, you will be a recommended coach for others. Our Commissioned Ministry Coach Process takes about seven months. The process involves:
Training: Start with Coaching 2.0.
Experience: Sharpen Coaching Skills (6-Month Coach Mentor Process)
- Coach two people for six sessions each (approximately 6 months)
- Be mentored by a Coach Mentor for six sessions to grow in your coaching capacity. You’ll experience one-on-one mentoring and coaching triads.
- Read Becoming a Coaching Leader by Daniel Harkavy
- Read Leadership Coaching by Tony Stolzfus
- Document at least 25 hours of intentional coaching
- Identify your behavioral profile through DISC and improve interpersonal skills.
Assessment: Others Confirm
- Feedback from Coach Mentor
- Take a 360 Online Coach Assessment
- Complete Commissioned Ministry Coach requirements – Pass final assessment and evaluation
Cost: $400 for the 6-month Commissioned Ministry Coach Process For more information: Contact Jerolyn Bogear at email@example.com . Commissioning is done in groups at various times throughout the year. Deadline for registration: Two weeks after each Coaching 2.0 event. Money due at time of registration.