The winter 2017 issue of Wesleyan Life magazine will hit mailboxes soon after this Christmas. This issue’s theme centers on discipleship, as the denomination engages in the work of “multiplying disciples until The Wesleyan Church has a transforming presence in every zip code.” Different aspects of discipleship will be the theme in each issue within the next calendar year.
In this issue, General Superintendent Wayne Schmidt encourages Wesleyans to engage in discipleship as a joyful act of obedience to Christ. Also featured:
- Churches in the Western New York District are seeing lives being “made new” in upstate New York. What are five of these churches doing to make disciples?
- Anita Eastlack, executive director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship for The Wesleyan Church, talks about the need for discipleship to be a movement rather than just a model.
- Colleen Derr provides real stories of real Wesleyans whose lives have been impacted through discipleship.
- Kimberly Gladden offers practical ways to grow in your faith as a follower of Christ.
- Tim Elmore provides 22 truths that foster authentic maturity, rather than artificial maturity, as one walks with Christ.
- And news from Wesleyan colleges and universities, as well as countries with a Wesleyan presence, highlight the work God is doing in corners of the world.
Look for the latest copy of Wesleyan Life at your church or in your mailbox in the weeks to come. For the latest issues of Wesleyan Life magazine, visit Wesleyan.Life.