Since its launch in 2005, Habitat for Missions (HFM) has generated $500,000 for missions by flipping houses with church volunteers. Now it is committing itself to produce another $500,000 by 2020 specifically for Global Partners missionaries.
At General Conference 2016, Global Partners announced its plan to double the number of missionaries by 2020. In support of this initiative, HFM presented checks totaling $66,000 to Global Partners Director Dennis Jackson. The proceeds are from HFM renovations completed by Eastern Hills Wesleyan Church (Williamsville, NY) and Daybreak Church (Hudsonville, MI).
“To reach the $500,000 goal, we need just one Wesleyan congregation from each of our North American districts to partner with us on a home renovation,” said Rev. Bill Foster, HFM executive director. “HFM will raise the capital to purchase a nearby investment property and the needed building materials for its development. The partnering church will provide the volunteer tradesmen to prepare the house for sale. Once it is sold, 90 percent of the profit will be donated to the Global Partners missionary of that church’s choosing. A tithe of the profit, the remaining 10 percent, will be reinvested to buy another house to help another Wesleyan congregation help another Global Partners missionary.”
Those interested in being a part of the $500,000 Challenge can contact Rev. Bill Foster at 765-506-6733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictured, left to right: Patrick Jones, lead pastor, Eastern Hills Wesleyan Church in Williamsville, N.Y.; Dennis Jackson, executive director, Global Partners; and Bill Foster, executive editor, Habitat for Missions.