Local Pastors to Discuss Moral Imperatives for Reform, Upcoming D.C. Event
Fishers, IN — Top Indiana evangelical leaders will meet this Friday for a press conference to highlight the biblical call to welcome the stranger and urge Congress to move forward with a vote on immigration reform.
The press conference and prayer time will include local pastors who will discuss the moral imperatives for immigration reform, their efforts during the April congressional recess and their April 29 Pray4Reform trip to Washington, D.C., to meet with their members of Congress. The public is invited to witness this time and participate at an appropriate level.
WHAT: Press conference with Indiana evangelical pastors, who will call for a vote on immigration reform and discuss their upcoming trip to Washington, D.C.
- David Anderson – Senior Pastor, Fountain City Wesleyan Church, Fountain City
- Kevin Batman – Chief Financial Officer, Wesleyan HQ, Fishers
- Mike Colaw – Lead Pastor, Trinity Wesleyan Church, Fishers
- Steve DeNeff – Senior Pastor, College Wesleyan Church, Marion
- David Drury – Chief of Staff, Wesleyan HQ, Fishers
- Wayne MacBeth – Executive Director of Communications & Administration, Wesleyan HQ, Fishers
- Darryn Scheske – Senior Pastor, Heartland Church, Indianapolis
- Andrea Summers – Wesleyan Women Director, Fishers
- Jeremy Summers – Adult Spiritual Formation Director, Wesleyan HQ, Fishers
- Zachary Szmara – Lead Pastor, The Bridge Community Church, Logansport
- Lawrence Wilson – Senior Pastor, Fall Creek Wesleyan Church, Fishers
With public statements for reading sent in by:
- Alfredo Barreno – Hispanic Ministries Director, Wesleyan HQ, Fishers
- Jim Dunn – Executive Director, Church Multiplication & Discipleship, Fishers
- Dennis Jackson – Executive Director, Global Partners, Fishers
- Jo Anne Lyon – General Superintendent, The Wesleyan Church, Fishers
- Wayne Schmidt – Vice-President, Wesley Seminary, Marion
- David Wright – President, Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion
WHEN: Friday, April 25th 3:00 pm
WHERE: Wesleyan Church Headquarters, 13300 Olio Road Fishers, IN 46037
The Evangelical Immigration Table is a broad coalition of evangelical organizations and leaders advocating for immigration reform consistent with biblical values.
Here is a roundup of recent news items and ways to follow up on this information:
If you are active on social media and would like to spread the word about the Pastors For Reform efforts in Washington on April 29 go to this Thunderclap scheduling of communication.
This infographic highlights the “cost of inaction”on immigration right now, in a very helpful way.
The Evangelical Immigration article on Dr Jo Anne Lyon’s meeting in the Oval Office.