FLAME was very encouraging! I was energized by the fellowship. I learned a lot from the professors. Most of all, God used FLAME to help clarify His call in my life. I can't wait for the next FLAME event!
The Fellowship of Leaders Acquiring Ministerial Education (FLAME) is a pathway to complete academic requirements for credentialing in The Wesleyan Church
Do you like the convenience of live online education AND the benefit of face-to-face live classes? Well, we've got an option for you!
FLAME is now offering an online option for classes!
- Classes will be offered via "video conferencing" in a live, online format.
- Classes will be held each during 6 four-hour sessions.
- Courses are being designed to allow for 1 week of pre-work and 1 week of post-work. All other work for the courses will be completed between live class sessions.
- Students will interact with the professor and other students live.
- The class will utilized simple, easy-to-use technology for video (Zoom) and audio (phone) to ensure a simple connection.
- Students will be given a short training session on how to use the technology. All you need is: 1) A laptop/computer with a camera, 2) a good internet connection, 3) a good phone connection, 4) Earbuds with a microphone 5) A quiet place to attend class. We've outlined HERE with more detail the technological and environment set up needed for a successful classroom experience. This document will be updated with information as we learn.
Required Zoom Training Sessions (Choose one- prior to your first class):
Thursday, May 4th 7:00 PM EST
Tuesday, May 9th 7:00 PM EST
Thursday, July 6th 3:00 PM EST
Wednesday, September 7th 1:00 PM EST
Wednesday, November 1st 2:00 PM EST
Thursday, December 21st 12:00 PM EST
Thursday, March 1st 3:00 PM EST
"To me FLAME is an amazing opportunity to connect with, encourage, and challenge others who are pursing Christ in ministry. Iron sharpening iron."
"Flame is awesome! Great atmosphere and good teaching."
Track 1: Monday's 6 pm - 10 pm EST
Introduction to Theology (Registration Deadline 05/01/2017) (Registration Below)
- Class Dates: May 8, 15, 22, June 5, 12, 19 (Break for Memorial Day)
- Professor: Anthony Casey, Assistant District Superintendent, South Carolina
Introduction to New Testament (Registration Deadline 07/03/2017) (Registration Below)
- Class Dates: July 10, 17, 24, 31, August 7, 14
- Professor: Ken Schenck, Dean, School of Theology & Ministry, Indiana Wesleyan University
Wesleyan History & Discipline (Registration Deadline 9/4/2017) (Registration Below)
- Class Dates: September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16
Church Leadership & Management (Registration Deadline 10/30/2017) (Registration Below)
- Class Dates: November 6, 13, 27, December 4, 11, 18 (Break for Thanksgiving)
Introduction to Old Testament (Registration Deadline 12/20/2017) (Registration Below)
- Class Dates: January 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5
- Professor: Larisa Levicheva, Professor of Bible and Christian Ministries , Wesley Seminary at IWU
Introduction to Homiletics (Registration Deadline 02/26/2018) (Registration Below)
- Class Dates: March 5, 12, 19, April 2, 9, 16 (Break for Easter)
Track 2: Saturday's 9 am - 1 pm EST
Pastoral Ministries (Registration Deadline 05/08/2017) (Registration Below)
- May 13, 20, June 3, 10, 17, 24 (Break for Memorial day)
- Professor: Joel Liechty, Director, Education and Clergy Development
Methods of Bible Study (Registration Deadline 06/30/2017) (Registration Below)
- July 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12
NT Elective (Registration Deadline 09/01/2017) (Registration Below)
- September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14
Doctrine of Holiness (Registration Deadline 10/27/2017) (Registration Below)
- November 4, 11, 18, December 2, 9, 16 (Break for Thanksgiving)
Expository Preaching (Registration Deadline 12/20/2017) (Registration Below)
- January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 3, 10
Philosophy & Ethics (Registration Deadline 02/23/2018) (Registration Below)
- March 3, 10, 17, 24, April 7, 14 (Break for Easter)
If for any reason you decide to cancel your FLAME class after the registration closing date, you may apply for a refund. However, please be aware of the Refund Schedule:
100% Refund before the first class
50% Refund after the second class has met, but before the third class meets
25% Refund after the third class has met, but before the fourth class meets
No Refund beyond the fourth class meeting
Find Popular Education and Clergy Development Links by clicking HERE