For Churches who want to take action and launch an immigration legal ministry site, we have listed five immediate recommended resources to explore below.
WATCH THE BELOW 30 MINUTE VIDEO
- Capacity Building Attorney, Courtney Tudi at World Relief explains in 30 minutes what is involved in launching an Immigration Legal Ministry.
- Click here to watch video.
READ CHURCH LEADERS GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION
- World Relief and The Immigration Alliance teamed up to publish an 85 page FAQ manual for church leaders on immigration. There are three primary sections to this guide:
- Biblical & Missiological Foundations for Immigrant Ministry
- Immigration Legal Issues
- Developing an Immigration Legal Ministry
- This book is available for free download or print on demand.
READ IMMIGRATION LEGAL SITE IMPLEMENTATION KIT
- This “immigration Legal Site Implementation Kit” provides a high-level programmatic overview of how to start an immigration legal services site in your local church. The primary audience for this 21-page resource kit is church or not-for-profit leaders.
- Click here for free download.
TAKE BASIC IMMIGRATION LAW TRAINING
- Various organizations provide in-person 40 hour training courses at different locations throughout the year.
- Click here to view upcoming training events.
- Contact Gloria Lopez for additional information concerning Basic Immigration Law Training.
COMPLETE 40 HOURS OF JOB SHADOWING
- It is required that after the classroom training, each person seeking accreditation must have at least 40 hours of on the job experience working alongside an immigration legal professional.
- Contact Zach Szmara for additional information concerning job shadowing
Looking for a legal service site in your area? Click here to find a site close to you.