Last week President Everett Piper of Oklahoma Wesleyan communicated to his board of trustees and the OKWU family some good news at the start of the school year. His report included:
· Fall enrollment at OKWU is again at record levels! The traditional campus headcount is 628. Adult and graduate programs are reporting 731. In addition, we have 177 Wesleyan pastors enrolled in our CROSS training classes.
· All of these numbers are records in their respective categories. All of these numbers are above budgeted goals. All of this means that the total number of students being served at OKWU this fall is 1536. We are all humbled by God’s provision and grace. This will be a fantastic year!
· Drake Hall will be completed by September 15 under budget and totally paid for.
· The new cafeteria is complete and totally funded. It is a hit with the students and faculty alike.
· The remodel of the Carriage House into a sports lounge/game room is now under way and should be nearing completion in late October.
· Both our men’s and women’s soccer programs are expected to be national contenders this season.
· The inaugural Josh McDowell Institute conference is scheduled for November 14-15.
· The Booker T. Washington Institute for Traditional Black Culture and Solutions is in full swing.
· OKWU continues to be featured as a leader on conservative talk radio in Oklahoma, California, Texas, Virginia, and elsewhere.
· The Keating Center is hosting Steve Moore of the Wall Street Journal on September 17 (Constitution Day).