Training for Church Planters
We recognize every church planter is on a unique journey, filled with new discoveries. We want every church planter to feel fully prepared for their planting adventure. Below are several training options to pursue.
Exponential | Learning Conference
Exponential Conference is a growing community of leaders committed to accelerating the multiplication of healthy, reproducing faith communities. Over the past several years, Exponential has also served as a vision stimulator and community builder for the Church Multiplication Collective of The Wesleyan Church, as we dream and strategize about the expansion of God’s kingdom on earth.
Bring your church multiplication team and dream with thousands of church planting leaders for four days of inspiration, encouragement, and equipping at Exponential. The conference will feature 175+ speakers, 125+ workshops, 9+ tracks, and 5,000 church planting leaders.
For detailed information and group registration click on Exponential East or West.
Essentials | Pre-Launch Training
Essentials is a 2-day pre-launch equipping experience for church planters, spouses of church planters, and core members of launch teams. The Essentials environment is designed to provide you with practical training and productive peer resourcing. By the end of the event, you will:
- See the big picture of church planting
- Learn how to remain rooted in Christ while planting
- Hear God’s unique direction for your church
- Discover how to properly exegete your community
- Refine your church mission, vision, and values
- Learn how to recruit people on to your launch team
- Develop an effective launch strategy
- Learn how to avoid the major church planting landmines
- Discover how to raise funds
- Find access to numerous resources/templates to use in your church plant
- Be inspired to not just plant one church, but start a church planting movement
When is Essentials scheduled?
2018 Scheduled Dates and Times:
Maryland – April 19-20, 2018
How much does Essentials cost?
The cost of Essentials is $100 per attendee. This will cover your training materials and your Day 1 dinner and Day 2 lunch.
How do I register our team?
More information will be provided as events are scheduled.
Can a church, network, or district offer this training?
Absolutely! If you have a group of 15 or more, with at least three new churches being represented, we’d love to bring Essentials to you with one of our experienced trainers. We can work closely with your vision and customize your Essentials experience to fit your needs. Contact Jesse Pratt to schedule and coordinate your event.
Expressions | Specialization Training
Are you looking for training in a specific model of church planting?
We recognize the need for all kinds of churches to reach all kinds of people. Many church planting models require specific training. Within Expressions, we have provided additional online training videos, resourcing, and networking opportunities for these specific models:
Cultivate | 9-Month Online Course
Cultivate is a unique 9-month curriculum designed to help you develop the habits and skills essential to plant and grow a new church that reaches your culture. Cultivate was developed by successful church planters who have seen thousands of people find faith, grow in Christ, and become leaders of the church. Cultivate combines expert content, guided real-world experiences, and transforming relationships to help you develop a contextual strategy specifically for your culture. Cultivate was designed for the contemporary church planter seeking to reach our global, post-Christian world. Cultivate will help you start a new church that will grow by conversion growth rather than just transfer growth. Check out Cultivate’s official website HERE.
What does Cultivate deliver?
– Expert content by renowned authors and experienced church planters delivered anywhere through online video and readings.
– 60 online exercises designed to catalyze you into the real-world experiences necessary to develop the knowledge, character, and skills of a successful church planter.
– Relationships with a coach, champion, and other like-minded church planters to guide and support you in this courageous kingdom venture.
– 9 hours of Masters-level (M.A. or M.Div.) seminary credit available through Wesley Seminary.
Who are the Cultivate Coaches?
The Church Multiplication Collective of The Wesleyan Church will connect you with a coach within our Wesleyan tribe. All coaches are certified through Cultivate’s Coach Training and are experienced in the field of church planting.
When is the best time to use Cultivate?
The best time to use cultivate is after you have gone through the Church Planters Assessment Center and before you plant. Cultivate is a great solution for churches desiring to create a church planter residency experience.
What does Cultivate cost?
There are two parts to the training fee: (all paid to Cultivate directly)
1. The Cultivate Training online module is $895.
2. The Coaching fees for a non-seminary credit track are $1,000. The coaching fees for the seminary credit track are $2,000.
How do I sign up?
Email Aimee Pratt for further instructions and for your personal coupon code.